Growing up being the daughter of an army soldier I moved a lot. People always asked. Do you like moving? I didn't know any different. So I always assumed I did.
We always were going on an adventure. Road trips between moves always had stops. We had the opportunity to see new places, historical landmarks, visit theme parks, spend a lot of time as a family, and were able to travel to Utah to see family. I loved it. I like change.
I have lived in Alabama now for the greater part of eleven years! And its safe to say I call it home. I love it here. Its beautiful and green. The summers are long and hot. Our winters tend to not be as cold. I don't miss that Utah snow (except for the snow activities such as snowboarding, skiing, tubing).
It has some not so good parts such as tornadoes and super skinny roads (you get used to that). Some would say the humidity is terrible, I don't mind it. Another con is that all my extended family lives out west, and I have would love to see them more.
So when all is said and done. This place is home. Its familiar and comfortable to me. It holds tons of memories. I have life long friends. Well life long for me, since high school. Its close to various things to visit. Full of excitement with the sports that people surround their lives around. Kris and I can find stuff to do when we want to, but we both love our home and being there together or with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment